DansDeals.com

WordPress › Support » Tag: 125 x 125 - Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Indigenous Americans and Carl Sagan agree: We are star stuff – Boing Boing

Indigenous Americans and Carl Sagan agree: We are star stuff – Boing Boing: "According to Nancy Maryboy of the Indigenous Education Institute, sitsoi yoo means something closer to "my ancient relation from which I came," a reference to a traditional Diné belief that humans were born from stars. Remind you of anything?

I'm currently attending the 6th Science Center World Congress in Cape Town, South Africa. Tomorrow, I'll be talking about how science museums are failing adult visitors, but I've also gotten the chance to sit in on several really interesting panels. The anecdote above comes from a panel on Indigenous Astronomy, which I hope to write some more about in the future.

Image: Sergio Eguivar — Buenos Aires Skies, via Astronomy Picture of the Day"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Collective

cPanel Documentation